At AQ Accounting we believe that one size does not fit all, so we seek to tailor our professional services to suit your needs. We provide a comprehensive range of Accounting, Bookkeeping and Business Advisory solutions, from in house weekly bookkeeping and payroll services, to fixed fee total Bookkeeping, Accounting and Taxation services and quarterly Management meetings, including Budget Actual analysis.
Responsiveness and efficiency are the underpinning objectives in everything we do and in delivering results for our clients. we understand the importance of efficiency in dealing with our clients accounting and taxation related needs. This all starts with being proactive with regard to lodgement dates and responsive to clients’ needs, as well as tailoring solutions, that meet our Clients’ situations and expectations.
At AQ Accounting we have diversity in native language skills in Mandarin, Cantonese, Malay and Vietnamese. We also have specialist skills across a range of industry and commerce. This diversity provides a strength and understanding of the local economic conditions and collective business owners sentiments and outlook.
Amy founded AQ Accounting, Tax & Business Advisory Pty Ltd since 2020 and her focus on continuous professional development has motivated her to complete a number of courses and professional development programmes, to remain at the forefront of new and ever changing legislation and reporting requirements.
Diploma of Financial Planning (2018)
Registered Tax Agent (2014)
Certified Practicing Accountant (2010)
Bachelor of Economics in Accounting (2000)
Graduate Certificate in Financial Accounting (1997)
Amy has over fifteen years of industry experience working in Public Practice, specialising in Tax for small to medium businesses. Throughout this time Amy has developed an excellent rapport with her clients, who appreciate Amy’s ability to identify issues and then come up with practical and timely solutions for their bookkeeping, Accounting and Taxation needs.
Amy also brings with her substantial hands on experience in not-for-profit Aboriginal corporations, having ten years’ experience as both Chief Financial Officer and then subsequently Chief Executive Officer of a large Aboriginal corporation.
Amy is passionate about cloud accounting and specialises in MYOB and XERO accounting software and enjoys assisting clients to choose the right accounting software to best suit their needs, and setting up their accounts from scratch. She believes the potential in cloud accounting is massive and will have a very positive impact for business owners and accounting professionals in the coming years.
Having lived in Jabiru, Kakadu National Park for six years, Amy loves the Northern Territory, the natural beauty of the Outback and the laid-back ‘can do’ lifestyle. Darwin’s multi-cultural community and facilities, where everything is close by and accessible for her family, also means that her three daughters can participate in extra-curricular activities including additional language courses.
Amy is confident about the future of the Northern Territory. With Mandarin as her native language and the globalisation of the world’s economies, she has been able to expand the profile of the Practice with memberships to the Australia China Business Council and sponsorship of the One Belt One Road conference, held in Darwin in 2018.
Our Team currently assists clients across a wide spectrum of industries to grow and develop their businesses. Understanding the market forces and the unique differences and drivers of industries, as well as being able to identify inherent industry risk, has enabled us to help clients successfully grow and develop their businesses, scaling up and down depending on what point in the industry cycle the client, and organization, is at.
Some of the Industries that we have developed specialized skills in include:
- Construction – Electrical contractors, plumbers, builders, roofers, civil contractors, surveyors, engineers, architects, draftsmen, block layers, steel suppliers, fencers, painting contractors, commercial cleaners, window and security screen manufacturers, landscapers, roller door suppliers.
- Fishing – Fishing charter owners, prawn industry, inshore and offshore, pelagic, barramundi and crab fishermen;
- Pastoral – Cattle transport businesses, mustering operators, abattoir operators, exporting live cattle, beef cattle producers;
- Mining industry and associated support services;
- Retail shops and on-line retail, corner stores and supermarkets, service stations, florists, clothing stores, hardware shops, fast food franchises, music shops, jewelers, newsagents;
- Health – Doctors, dentists, podiatrists, orthodontists, chiropractors, physiotherapists, opticians, medical practices, pharmacies, beauty salons:
- Motor Trade – Car dealerships, mechanical workshops, auto electricians, paint and panel shops, towing operators, truck wheel aligners, detailers, automotive parts retailers;
- Marine – Retailing of both recreational and commercial fishing boats, motors, trailers, spare parts and service, marine surveyors, charter boats, work boats, barge owners and operators, boat hire operators;
- Real Estate – Real estate and business agents, property management agents, conveyancers, valuers, auctioneers, property developers;
- Transport – Road transport line haul, truck repairers, truck alignments, storage and distribution, couriers and delivery drivers;
- Not-for-profit Clubs and Associations;
- Plant and Equipment Hire;
- Tourism – Bus tours, hotel and motel owners, caravan Parks, charter operators, travel agents;
- Advertising, marketing and event management;
- Hospitality – Restaurants, coffee shops, pubs, clubs and entertainment venues, entertainers and bands;
- Agriculture – Horse studs, beekeepers, pig farmers, chicken farmers and egg production;
- Horticulture – Nurseries, flower growers, fruit growers, mango and melon growers;
- Financial Services – Mortgage and finance brokers, insurance agents and financial planners;
- Professional Services – Solicitors and barristers.
Membership and industry affiliations
AQ Accounting, Tax & Business Advisory Pty Ltd is governed by a strict code of industry practices, both by CPA Australia and the Australian Taxation Office as well as by Northern Territory and Federal legislation.
We are members of a number of industry associations as follows;
- CPA Australia
- Registered Tax Agent
- Tax Practitioner Board Approved
- National Tax Accountants Association
- Commissioner for Oaths
- Australia China Business Association
- XERO Partners